Translate

Thursday, May 19, 2016

A Letter From A Glamorous Eccentric...


Let's face it - to many people, if you are a card carrying glamorous eccentric, you are viewed as a threat in some way. Many people are especially afraid of individuals (particularly women) with a voice, with a mission, with a strong message, a certain steel-willed independence, and a strong mind. What an archaic pattern of thought! How terrible and tragic that this irrational fear continues to be perpetuated by many today, even by women themselves. For all those women who take pleasure in making fun of another woman's appearance - this applies to you. To every man who rates a woman on a scale of 1-10 and then criticizes her for being "too (fill in the blank)", this goes out to you. Who gave you permission to view any human being as an object of some kind, simply existing to fulfill your every whim, fantasy, and desire? I do not exist for your pleasure. My existence doesn't need your approval, please never mistake me for one of those girls who are trying to live just to please you.

Truth is, I'm much more preoccupied with plotting my future as a grande dame who carries a brass cobra topped walking stick, has pale lilac marcelle waves, shimmery jewel toned eyelids and vermillion lips, all while maintaining an electric charm tempered with a few assorted vices. Or I may transform into a maestra of mystery who wears black lace veils and mantilla combs out to the market with a glossy black corvid named Vronsky perched on my shoulder. Who knows? Only time will tell.

A glamorous eccentric puts on daily personal performances solely for their own pleasure - the opinions of others matter little.It is these little, secret rituals that give us life. I suppose this is why we baffle so many. Refusal to submit to the notion of seeking approval from others is a completely foreign concept to most. Those who adhere to the rules and confines of societal norms have yet to unshackle the imagination. They haven't mastered being a lone wolf and running wild. Most tragically, is that they haven't experienced the liberating feeling of an unwavering sense of self.

Originals - Marlene Dietrich!
Marlene Dietrich, Marchesa Casati, Hedy Lamarr, Ethel Granger, Mr. Pearl, Isabella Blow, Anna Piaggi, Rossy de Palma, Josephine Baker, Oscar Wilde, Johnny Depp, Lady Gaga, Daphne Guinness, John Galliano, Dita Von Teese - a glamorous eccentric is always in good company!

Why are so many people uncomfortable encountering a woman who takes charge of her own destiny? It truly baffles me. We claim to be a progressive society, yet largely, there are rules put in place to suppress and oppress the female sex. I refuse to be pigeon-holed into one category or another. I have always been sort of a chameleon - the most significant difference now is that I couldn't care less what others think of me, as opposed to when I was in my early twenties. Life is wasted if you perpetually try to please others. You lose the whole point of it. Don't waste your precious time or thoughts on those who constantly try to tame you, ridicule you, or discourage you. You will regret it, and regret is one thing you cannot erase.

There are few feelings more satisfying then knowing that you are being true to yourself - whether behind closed doors or out in public. I enjoy creating facades as an amusement, but to live life behind a mask due to insecurity or fear of what other think? Never. I know that I shock people from time to time, but it always makes me laugh - I suppose I don't allow many people to observe me in my natural habitat, and therefore when I reveal my true nature, it is startling to most. I enjoy the art of surprise. I relish engaging in a challenge. I love to battle social constrictions and watch the dusty walls of "normal" crumble. Boring, Never be boring. 
Boring is the kiss of death.


A life without passion is a life wasted. I've long described myself as a raconteuse whose aim is to manufacture a dreamlike aesthetic, every single day. I want to live la dolce vita...

Comrade Von Pussycat




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!