Translate

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Vintage Style Inspiration: Anita Ekberg!

Oh, California, what happened to Springtime? I woke up this morning at 7:00 a.m. to sunlight streaming through the open window, and now at 11:45 it is already 82 degrees. After living in Eastern Europe for a few years, I had forgotten just how much warm weather we get here, even in Northern California. Don't get me wrong, I love warm weather, but I also came to love the sight of snow blanketed streets, the muffled crunch of snow under my boots, and all of the beautiful fur trimmed coats, cozy wool knits, and scholarly tweeds that came along with Winter. Back to California. Yesterday it was unseasonably warm for this time of year, so I took a look into my closet and found a forlorn silk summer dress hanging there just begging to be worn...I had never been able to get the zipper up, it requires some major cinching, but I managed yesterday and when I looked in the mirror I saw a dress reminiscent of something a young Elizabeth Taylor would have worn...soft cream silk background, stark white daisies and bright, fresh squeezed orange colored poppies! What could scream "summer" more? I forgot to take pictures, but I promise next time! In the meantime, here are a few photographs of the beautiful Anita Ekberg, who is always inspiration for maintaining that touch of glamour, even in midst of a heatwave!

Anita Ekberg
Anita Ekberg














 Comrade Von Pussycat



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!